Monday 13 November 2023

Stardew Valley #22: Pepper Poppers

Ingredients: Hot Pepper, Cheese

Item Description: Spicy breaded peppers filled with cheese.


Hot peppers, hot peppers are you sure? Are you sure I shouldnt get some sweet mixed peppers? Oh well, my funeral. I at least got a pack of chillis that claimed they were "medium" hot.


I'm at least gonna do myself a favour and cut the seeds and pith out, thats the hottest and bitterest part, plus we need to make these little fuckers as hollow as possible to fill with cheese. There's not a lot of room to work with tbh.


Next i'm making a cheese mixture, we've got finely grated mature cheddar, some cream cheese and then a teaspoon of garlic powder to add some extra flavours.


This is quite thicc and holding its shape really well, maybe too well...


Nah perfect, with soem quite thin shallow peppers we're able to practically just stack the cheese on top and its staying in really well. They're not ready to go in the oven just yet though..


We gotta dust the top with some breadcrumbs! OK NOW they can go in the oven.



***

These are hot! The cheese and garlic combo is really nice when you can taste it, and im surprised how much flavour the breadcrumb adds. I definitely recommend this choice of stuffing combination, but I see no reason why not to use a milder pepper so that you can enjoy the sharpness of the cheese more. I should NOT have eaten these on an empty stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment