Wednesday 1 May 2024

Stardew Valley #58: Roasted Hazelnuts

Ingredients: Hazelnut

Item Description: The roasting process creates a rich forest flavor.


The only non-roasted hazelnuts I could find were these shelled and blanched ones. Saves us a lot of time, not much else to do than season them up and roast them?


I drizzle on some olive oil, add salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and thyme.


Then I pop the lid on this plastic bowl and shake em up!


Then they're ready to get roasted in the oven until they... reach a "rich forest flavour" I guess?



**

I let them get pretty brown to match the sprite, and they dont look burned but... i think they are over-roasted, they taste a little bitter and dusty... they taste like burned popcorn. That said, they're kinda moreish somehow. Easy to snack on, with the oily salty seasoning and all. But a store bought trail mix is like, way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment