Monday 10 October 2011

Get Stuffed.

Mode: 2-4 Player
Hardware: Oven
Accessories: Lime Juice

Made another sunday roast this weekend! Decided I'd have my first go at using stuffing. I bought some dried instant type stuffing because it was on sale and sounded pretty nice, but strangely it didn't say anything in the instructions about actually stuffing it inside anything, simply baking it in a tray. What's up with that? Is it not the done thing anymore?


2 mixtures going on here: one to go ON the chicken, one to go IN the chicken. I mixed some olive oil with sage, black onion seed and lemon juice to be the herby glaze that I thought would go well with the stuffing. I think it was sage and sausage flavour or something.


Popped the chicken, a free range corn fed from devonshire, possibly called 'pecky', in the oven for 75 minutes.


Post-Mortem: **** Good, good. The trouble with chicken is though, I think it's pretty hard to get wrong. You kinda rely on the fact that meat is already delicious just the way it is, and go from there. Oh also that salad was terrible I need to throw that dressing out it's so old it had the consistancy of snot.

No comments:

Post a Comment