Thursday 5 January 2012

Spinach, motherfucker. Do you eat it?

Mode: 2 Player
Hardware: Pans
Accessories: Cold drink

OK so we have some catching up to do. We haven't spoken in a while. It's been um... good... I've had a nice holiday.  I started some other things as you can probably tell. Now I'm going through my camera archives trying to find food items I have taken pictures of last year and trying to vaguely recall what the hell I was doing. Let's see how I do anyway.
 
This appears to be a pork, spinach and butternut squash wrapped in a chapatti.  It's like indian style british food done mexican style.

In case of emergencies, squash also makes a good melee weapon.
It's a pretty simple recipe with few ingredients; about half a squash, some of a bag of spinach, a small pack of diced pork, a big or two medium onions, a cheap jar of madras sauce, and of course the chapattis.

Make sure onion seeds, not tiny beetles.
Fry up basically everything, starting with the onion and squash and pork, leaving the spinach till later on cause its leafy. I think I put some onion seed in there.

If eating pigs is wrong, give me a sign less subtle than trichinosis.
The spinach and madras sauce go in, mm looks its all orange with green bits. Other food that is orange with green bits: carrot and basil soup, pumpkin pie with um... green bits...

SANDWICH DELIS NEVER DO THIS
I lightly fry the bread a little to make it taste good and not all mushy like the ones you get when you order a tortilla wrap sandwich anywhere in the uk.

Overcooking chapatti may lead to taco-esque wrapping issues.
Post-Mortem: **** Delicious! ...Probably. I don't really remember too well, but I suspect so. Looks like a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment