Friday 29 July 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #45: Cabbage Roll

 Getting kinda tired of stuffing mince into things at this point but here goes.

Weigh the meat!

I've got a weight for you... says it on the packet. 

Add the ingredients!

About half the mince, then we mix it with egg, oil, milk, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs. Milks an interesting twist for this one but makes sense.

Knead!

mixed it all together until we get smooth beef paste

Tear cabbage!

Oh god i think maybe I bought the wrong type of cabbage for this? This shits more brittle than masculinity. I cant see the next steps being easy but here goes...

Boil some cabbage!

Boiled it up in water with a pinch of salt, here's it cooling down. Still seems like the wrong cabbage really.

Stuff the cabbage!

Ok we are doing it we are making this work. Some are a lot better than others. The leaves are still dummy thicc and quite hard. Will they stay together when cooked? ...maybe..

Stew!

Supposed to cook this in "consomme" so I thought I'd use the rest of an open packet of dashi and a beef stock cube.

Finish!

****

Yo wtf, these were really tasty! Wasn't really expecting anything from tough twice-boiled cabbage in beef juice but now I know better. And I'd definitely do it with the dashi again, that stuffs nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment