Monday 15 August 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #53: Spaghetti Bolognese

Ooh i know this one! This is like one of the most standard things to cook in the UK. I suspect this one will be quite different from what i'd make though... I wonder if mama will actually use garlic for once...

Boil some pasta!

PRO TIP i actually did this at the end when everything else was stewing, not at the start of the recipe, that's how you get cold pasta. 

Remove the pasta!

Thats a lotta spaghetti because i wanna use up this whole carton of passata while im doing it.

Slice an onion!

So there's a disturbing lack of vegetables here, there's just mince, onion and garlic.

Slice!

Can't wait to finish having to photograph an onion 3 times as i chop it

Chop up!

Cops going through my phone: "we got another onion weirdo"

Chop up!

Mama said to chop 1 garlic clove, so naturally I did 3. Yeah, I'm tough. I'm a tough guy. I eat some garlic like its not even a big deal to me.

Saute!

Normally I'd use beef, or beef&pork but the recipe is 100% pork mince, we're frying that and the onions and garlic till they get slightly browned.

Stew!

OK so, I don't know what i expected... red wine i guess? oregano? olive? beef stock? Nope, our sauce is just tomato puree, oyster sauce and a bay leaf.

Finish!

****

You know what, its pretty good. Do i think I can make a better one? yea probably. But as someone who normally make bolognese with beef mince and tons of leftover vegetables, the simple tomatoey pork and onion sauce was kind of a nice novelty. Not nearly as bland as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment