Tuesday 24 January 2023

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #24: Horsetail Tart

 Horsetail Tart is made from HORSETAIL and CAKE MIX


So, a horsetail is actually a real plant you can eat, but this aint the safari zone so we're doing an asparagus tart with cheese and caramelised onion layers. I've frankensteined the remaining pastry from the roll i cut up to make the chocolate tart rather successfully I think. Also ignore the butter and plain flour because i realise they are only needed if I was making pastry from scratch, and instead pretend I had an egg handy.


My pans already got bacon grease in it, and then i add some chopped red onion, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. If you want to make this vegetarian I would recommend not cooking it in a pan full of bacon fat PERSONALLY.


So, I kind of think quiches suck but I am going to still mix in an egg and some double cream with the cheddar to thicken the filling out some.


Might as well add some salt and pepper here too.


I'm going to do a kind of layered style to match the cross section in the graphic...


Though lets be honest with ourselves here, this will definitely come out as melted sloppy sludge of cheese so it doesnt' matter much.


Here's everything dumped in and don't forget the "horsetail"(asparagus)


This is probably a bit undercooked but im hungry and i dont want the asparagus to evaporate so im taking a slice out and ill leave the rest in the cooling oven to cook a bit further for the leftovers.


***
I guess it got a bit sickly after a while but its pretty good, id take it over a proper quiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment