Monday 20 March 2023

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #50: Roast Shroom Dish

 Roast Shroom dish is made from SUPER SHROOM SHAKE


We've got our super shrooms here, some regular closed cup ones. Since this recipe looks like they're in some sort of fried chicken bucket, i thought it'd be cool to do some BREADCRUMBED shrooms. Might help that I already had a vegan spiced breadcrumb kit gathering dust in my cupboards already. Let's!


The kit says to use plant based milk since it's meant to be vegan, so pretend I did that yeah. I'm flexitarian so its fine but obviously use plant based milk if you're cooking actual vegan.


Then there's a powdered spice mix AND panko to mix together. smells nice already.


then we dunk them wet and then dry


I thought about deep frying these, but the kit says they're for oven baking so lets try it their way! Plus it does say ROAST shroom dish. Also ignore the mystery nuggets in the background, thought id have a bit of tofu for some variety with my dinner.


****

Never really liked breadcrumbed mushrooms much before, but these are probably the best ones i've ever had! I guess because they're not from frozen the mushrooms just taste fresher, and the spice mix is a great pairing for vegetables. Still, a recurring issue we keep having is I still find them just too wet in the middle. What's the secret to dry, yet non-rubbery mushrooms? Is that just a pipe dream? Heh... pipes... yknow because mario... 

No comments:

Post a Comment