Sunday 3 March 2024

Stardew Valley #44: Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients: Cranberries, Sugar

Item Description: A festive treat.



Planning ahead, that's what I'm all about. When my mum said she'd make cranberry sauce for christmas dinner I said ooh! Let me get in on that. So we've time travelled back to christmas for this, after all, it is "a festive treat".


The ingredients are cranberries (from frozen if you like), a good amount of sugar, and we've added some orange peel for a little extra sumethn'


Now you just heat and stir, heat and stir, until it becomes a sauce.


Simple as that!?

Or is it... looks like someones mixed in a bit of port as well.


Here's a cheeky pic of the whole christmas dinner. Obviously this is rated ******!

***

Don't get me wrong, my mums cranberry sauce is the best of the best. But cranberry sauce is just pretty good at its best. It comes and goes and I don't really miss it most of the year. It's bitter, astringent and sour, goes alright with turkey, pork, potatoes and cheese. But usually I still prefer ketchup or chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment