Saturday 9 March 2024

Stardew Valley #46: Farmer's Lunch

Ingredients: Omelet, Parsnip

Item Description: This'll keep you going.


Omelets! Parsnips! Some other stuff!


I'm going to start with doing parsnips my favourite way, which is honey roasted. Gotta make a mess peeling them.


Then im just gonna chop them into good sized chunks


A nice big tablespoon of honey, some olive oil, black pepper, paprika and salt. Ideally you should probably mix the ingredients up, but just tossing the parsnips around till its roughly mixed is fine by me. I'm also gonna add a tablespoon of water, to keep the parsnips from drying out too much since we didn't blanche them or anything.


Now just shove them in the oven till they look all... yknow, delicious. Everything else will cook quite quickly so we can take a break and come back.


Handful of beans with the stalk ends clipped...


Once the parsnips are half cooked we can just throw these in.


Right, time to make the omelette! I could just reuse the parsnips bowl, whats it gonna do... season my eggs? oh no!


I also thinly sliced some cheddar to add to the omelette. Why? Well part because i love it, but also because "Farmers Lunch" reminds me of the "Ploughman's Lunch" dish we have in the UK, which traditionally has big chunks of sharp cheddar.


My favourite omelette pan is rectangular, so im gonna make it a rectangular one! But folded over and not a tamagoyaki roll.


Hell yeah! Lets check on the vegetables next..


Also hell yeah!


*****

Square plate, square pans... sorry all my kitchenware is so square. Anyway this was great! These might be the best parsnips i've ever had, let alone made myself! The sweet vegetables paired so well with the tangy cheese omelette, making this feel like some gourmet recipe. The beans were a little tough, but i still prefer that to mushy overboiled ones. I thought I might add some sauce if it was a bit plain, but it really wasnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment