Tuesday 28 June 2011

EVERYTHING IS FROZEN

Mode: 2-player
Hardware: Oven
Accessories: Cola

Ok ok ok. So here's what happened. I was going to make this Milanese style chicken salad yesterday, I got a bunch of vegetables and stuff, but then I got a little sideswiped by an invite to the pub for 2-for-1 deals and free coffee. That's the kind of math I can handle. So I was all, what the hey! This stuff can go in the fridge.

Turns out, the fridge was all up on that shit and the next day, all my fresh vegetables are frozen. And I don't really have the teeth to handle a chicken and watercress flavoured slushie.


The chicken was an easy one, that goes in the oven anyway. Breadcrumbed chicken is the key to making this salad 'milanese' style. I was gonna get some fresh chicken breast and breadcrumb it myself, but then I was like... nah. Look at this cheap-ass processed crap. Look at how much less effort that is.


I chop the icy green pepper, carrot and garden peas, and put them in the oven for about 5 minutes.


I figure the warm vegetables will help warm up the leafy salad to a reasonable temperature. I put on some pickled garlic and sun dried tomatoes and hope for the best. Let's be honest. This could be terrible.


When everything was ready, I tipped it together and added french dressing.

Post-Mortem: ** Yeah so soggy watercress and rocket isn't... so great. I guess I like to think I made the best of a bad situation. I swear you should really try a good version of this salad, like go look something up on the internet. And for god's sake, don't trust your fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment