Monday 11 April 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #8: Spaghetti Neapolitan

Not sure what I'll make of this one. I believe this is "Spaghetti Napolitan", the Japanese take on Italian cuisine that's basically a tomato based spaghetti dish with hot dogs, except the tomato sauce is just ketchup. Like, just. ketchup. Given that Italians get mad when we put cream in carbonara, I dunno how this got a pass. But you know, I like ketchup way too much already so maybe it'll be to my tastes.

Boil some pasta!


Yea my hob needs a clean so sue me

Remove the pasta!

The games all like, pour out the water carefully without dropping the food. Game genie time cuz Mamas never heard of a strainer.

Slice up!

Thought about getting some hot dogs, but for about the same price I could get two GIGANTIC SMOKED POLISH SAUSAGES. (Something something that's what she said.)

Chop up!

It showed maybe half an onion, but again, small onions these.

Chop up!

You're supposed to use green bell pepper (more bitter) but Lidl didn't actually have any sold individually, which is fine because green pepperes SUCK

Saute!

We fry up all the things together. This is my kinda recipe. Also the game doesn't show it but I use a bit of olive oil to cook it in.

Saute!


So here we go right, literally the only seasoning/sauce the game has you use is ketchup. I happen to have some sort of fancy brand organic vine ripened ketchup. But also I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea to lean into the principles of the flavourings and do my own little take on it, by also adding in a splash of indian hot & sweet sauce and hendersons relish (similar to worcestershire sauce)

Finish


*****

Ah shit. I owe Japan an apology because I REALLY like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment