Sunday 17 April 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #9: Fried Fish

Lightly Fried Fish Fillets

Coat!

Similar to the karaage recipe, it's not full on batter or breadcrumb it's just a coating of flour.

Melt the butter!


Two fillets two butters. Well actually I just sliced the butter real thin.

Pan-fry!


This seemed to be going well, but on the second flip the pan had dried the hell out and I crumbled most of the fish. Alas. Abass. Cod damn it.

Arrange the plate!


So the classic thing to serve in UK with fish and chips is good ol' peas (garden or mushy). But in the games options you had a different array of vegetables. Was gonna do green beans but grocery store was out!! So I went with sweetcorn. Oh and I still added chip seasoning and generous amounts of cider vinegar. I'm not a monster.

Finish



***
It's no beer battered deep fried fish & chips from your favourite gastro pub, but it's pretty agreeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment