Tuesday 10 May 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #12: Pan-fried Vegetables

New phone! Now my images can be obnoxiously high res. Making this one as a side dish for the family again.

Tear cabbage!

Cabbage was veto'd by sensitive stomachs so I've gone with pak choi instead. TBF I dunno what kinda tiny-ass cabbage is used in the original recipe but it doesn't seem like a whole unchopped white cabbage. I'm sure nothing else will veer wildly off course.

Separate sprouts!


Just kidding, just kidding! I forgot to get bean sprouts so I'm using a frozen stir fry mix that has sprouts but also mostly broccoli and carrots.

Cut!

At least we have some pork that's in the recipe.

Make sauce!

I like to think this is the main feature anyway, I got oyster sauce, mixed with soy sauce, salt and sugar. Never done an oyster sauce based stir fry before.

Saute!

Fried this for ages while I did another recipe (you'll have to wait for that one) and to reduce all the water coming off the frozen veg. Oh I also dumped a bit of egg whites in the mix because I was getting a yolk for another recipe.

Finish


****
It may not look massively faithful, but I like to think I still got the spirit of the recipe down. Bunch of common simple veg, a bit of pork and a nice oyster sauce. Everyone liked this a surprising amount, with its sweet, salty and weird fish-y mushroom-y umami flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment