Friday 13 May 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #13: Beef Steak

 Steak!! The flex meal of choice for divorced people. Pretty straightforward. I've never really felt like I mastered cooking steak, but I haven't failed at it either. Will cooking mama help me level up my steaking game? Probably not honestly.

Remove tendon!


I have no idea what I'm doing. No idea. Maybe this isn't an issue for ready to cook sirloin like this? I'm going to follow mamas directions and randomly stab the meat in places.

Add some flavoring!


Mama says to absolutely batter the steak in seasoning. It doesn't even say what "seasoning". I've decided to use salt and an orange-pepper seasoning mix, which is mostly black pepper and ground orange peel.

Melt the butter!

I feel like butter is the real steak flavouring honestly.

Pan-fry!


It's in there! I'm probably gonna aim for medium. My stomach wasn't mad impressed that time I undercooked the salisbury steak.

Arrange the plate!

Again I've come prepared, I cooked some oven frites on the sly while we were frying, and got some tomatoes and rocket.

Finish



****
Damn look at that I think I did this one justice. The steak was nice, the sides were nice... It's a little lacking in thrills though. Slab of meat on a plate. Just like my ex-wife eehhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment