Tuesday 20 September 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #62: Minced Pork Steak

 So this seems to be like, kind of a cross between a croquette and a deep fried hamburger? I've got a busy day today so we're going to see if we can deep fry a thing in less than 2 hours for a change.

Slice an onion!

Thought id mix it up and buy red onions last time I shopped. Probably not ideal for this but whatever.

Slice!

Sliced for the dicing

Chop up!

this is kind of a lot of onion actually... should i just use half...? nah ill use it all. Need all the veg i can get with all these brown foods.

Melt the butter!

Buttering up just to fry the onions.

Saute!

Feels so weird to fry the onions but not the mince..

Add the ingredients!

mixing together pork mince, the fried onions, breadcrumbs, an egg, and milk

Knead!

Ugh we're gonna have to get our hands SO MESSY arent we

Make shape!

Trying to make some sort of smallish, oval burgers. Still wonder if its better to stick onions in a blender or something. The thick onion chunks make these so fragile

Coat various foods!

Going well so far though. We roll them in flour and coat them in (another!) egg.

Roll in the coating!

Turns out I still have some leftover panko breadcrumbs in my cupboard. Score!

Deep fry!

Due to recent incidents, I will no longer be taking my chances with pork meat. I'm going to cook these as thoroughly as I can, black bits and all.

Finish!

*****

Oh these are so nice! Completely unseasoned, but with a spicy ketchup/chilli dip its just fine like that. Surprised these didn't fall apart at any point. And yes, the insides were nicely cooked. Am I just biased towards croquettes with my favourite dip? Perhaps. but hey, I didn't bungle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment