Tuesday 27 September 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #65: Vegetable Curry

 I've got friends coming over so I want to do a BIG ONE, so im going to scale this recipe up as I see fit.

Peel!

Here we are mid way through the potatoes.

Slice up!

Slicing up 2 potatoes, 2 onions and a large aubergine all chunky style. Too big to fit on my cutting board together but you get the idea.

Saute!

An ambitious stir fry...

Measure and add!

Gonna do this whole packet, so 720(ish) ml of water.

Stew!

Roux goes in, nothing else needed just letting it stew for an hour.

Finish!

*****

I enjoyed this, and so did my guests! With a nice medium grain rice (like thai jasmine) and those chunky vegetables you won't be missing the meat. And for someone who wants to be sold on aubergine as something other than "the slimy part of a grill mix" I would strongly suggest this!

No comments:

Post a Comment