Wednesday 23 November 2022

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #11: Sap Muffin

 Sap Muffin is made from CAKE MIX and SAP SOUP


I keep wanting to be lazy and buy an instant cake mix but it turns out finding instant cake mix is like actually harder than just making a batter myself with basic shit so here we go. I found a recipe online and halved it and replaced the yogurt and salt with some really salty butter. And as for SAP SOUP, what is it? Well it comes from an enemy that looks like a sunflower, so im gonna say something made from sunflower kernels. So I skipped ahead to recipe #45 where we make SAP SYRUP and youll have to wait for that to see me briefly make this unholy sunflower seed based frosting you see here.

Flour, egg, baking powder, bic o' soda, sugar, sunflower oil (more sunflower!), milk, butter, and vanilla essence. All whizzed together.


Lubing up these silicone cases with more sunfloil. They are quite massive which means LESS HASSLE overall.


This is the stickest, goopiest batter ive ever made. We're lucky i got most of it in the cases honestly.


Looking good! I also just noticed the graphic has a weird little stick, luckily I have some pretzels which are perfect.

****

OK so i'm not sure why I thought a coating made from ground up sunflower seeds wouldn't look like oatmeal gruel?? Did I think anything??? Besides that though, the muffin was shockingly perfectly cooked like was just a really nice, moist and consistent vanilla muffin. The subtle flavour of sunflower comes through so it was worth the effort. Would I make it again though? hell naw because who wants a muffin that doesnt slap you in the face with melted chunks of chocolate or lemon and blueberry or suchlike?

No comments:

Post a Comment