Tuesday 27 June 2023

Splatoon 2: Crust Bucket #1: Deep-Fried Shwaffle

 Deep fried shwaffle is already straight in the deep end, as it appears to be... a large tempura prawn riding a fried waffle covered in some sort of brown sauce.


I guess the first question is: sweet or savoury? I guess it could do either way, but the presence of copious amounts of cream on the later dishes suggests that maybe ill just have to suck it up and make tempura with chocolate sauce and cream. Plus when I looked it up online, that seemed to be the most popular interpretation of the dish.


I was hoping to find some pre-made tempura/panko prawns when shopping, but instead i settled for the biggest fuckin prawns i could find, and ive already got some tempura batter so thats alright. These don't have the tails on but eh, hopefully its close enough. .


Battered them up and deep fried them, damn these are looking GOOOOOOD. I'll be able to use these for the next few recipes as well. If i cook the waffle next will it taste kinda shrimpy?? I guess it wont matter at this point.


Now i've opted for home made chocolate sauce, as it looks kinda thick in the game so i wasnt going to settle for a squeezy bottle of vaguely chocolatey vegetable oil. Butter, milk, cocoa and sugar, just guessing with the proportions really tbh, i can always add more of anything.


nah this is looking good.


I went for pre-made waffles since we're doing plenty of cooking already and... OK so the pre-made waffles I bought are... a little funky and unnatural. When i put it in the fryer is immediately flopped like a blanket and i had to scoop it out. Maybe it will harden back up when it dries?

***

Surprisingly I didn't gag, it was pretty palatable. But I feel like I lost sanity points as I was eating.

#1 damage taker

No comments:

Post a Comment