Friday 23 June 2023

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show: Complete!

 At 95 recipes, our second and even bigger challenge is complete! Unlike the cooking mama challenge, we got to cook our own way. But instead, designing recipes according to our best approximation of the somewhat whimsical in-game ingredients.


Things I learned:

- There's a solution for everything! Electricity? Poison? Stars? We can cook it!
- Some mushrooms are better than others...
- ...but I still dont really like them.
- You can actually eat horsetail, you just can't find any.
- Several ways to set a pudding!
- Mario does not get enough vitamin b-12 in his diet.
- Portobello is the worst mushroom, oyster is the best mushroom.
- No seriously, i'm so done with mushrooms!!!


Total Ratings:

*            x 6
**          x 7
***        x 27
****      x 32
*****    x 23

Average score: 3.62


Favourite Recipe:

#85 Megaton Dinner
Toss up between this and the mango pudding! This one won me over because I thought a pow block was just the most ridiculous thing to attempt out of this whole list, and I took a chance on a silly idea i had - one that forced me to buy spam for the first time ever and try cooking something i'd never eaten before. And I just think I smashed the brief, and what's more i'm a total convert! I even bought another can of spam to make something like this again later.



Least Favourite Recipe:

#52 Volcano Shroom
I'll admit my execution of this was poor, trying to get a quick and simple version of a cheese-stuffed mushroom... I thought it would be pretty simple and i'd get a simple spicy grilled cheese on a vegetable. Instead I got dehydrated cheese on a wet sponge.
My bad.


Special thanks:
Special thanks to the following resources:

mariowiki.com
Tobi who has volunteered to compute the scores in spreadsheet forever.
My lovely family who made the best looking store-bought gingerbread house ever, and put up with a few of my weird mushroom cakes and stews!

No comments:

Post a Comment