Wednesday 21 June 2023

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #95: Mistake

 Mistake is not a real recipe! It's what happens when you cook any incorrect combination of ingredients. Initially I was saving this for when I needed a do-over. But you know me, I have a tendency to roll with the punches.

So instead I thought it might be fun as a lil' bonus to just cook something that somewhat resembles the sprite, and really make whatever I was feeling like making anyway! So here's what ive got to work with. A whole sea bass, a bag of chopped kale and some pre-made sweet potato mash (to save me some effort)


I've been wanting to try making "crispy seaweed" style kale, and now is the perfect time. Ideally you should shred it up a lot thinner, but its just to make a lump of green so im not too fussed. I sprinkle on a tablespoon of sugar, give it a few grinds of salt and drizzle it in some sesame oil.


Now i wanna put a lil somethin' to season the sea bass. I'll crisp it up with a mixture of chilli and olive oils, shove a bit of african chilli relish in the cavities, and sprinkle some paprika salt on at the end!


Oops! trying to do the kale alongside the fish might be a little hasty, i guess we should do this low and slow as its cooking very unevenly. Oh well, mistakes for the mistake god!


Fortunately the sweet potato mash is just a simple job in the microwave, cant mess that up!


Looking good all cooked, but you know what we didnt come here to show off an appetising whole fish... lets see dem bones!!


***

Not much of a mistake! I don't know if its something about the investment but a whole grilled fish just tastes so much better than I always expect even with quite simple seasoning. I also really liked the flavours of the (unevenly) crispy kale. However, like most people, i dont really enjoy the part where im sat picking bones out of my meal the whole time. Also the sweet potato mash was decent but it didnt really go with the other components very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment