Wednesday 24 January 2024

Stardew Valley #34: Maki Roll

Ingredients: Any Fish, Seaweed, Rice

Item Description: Fish and rice wrapped in seaweed.


Right off the back of the sashimi recipe, lets get these rolled while the fish is still fresh. I've got some steamed and cooled sushi rice, and i'm gonna season it with a little bit of salt, sugar, rice vinegar and sake. 


then just fluff that up, mixing it a bit.


For the filling we're slicing up half an avocado, the rest of the raw salmon, and some cucumber into matchsticks.


And of course the seaweed! And a handy little bamboo roller that supposedly helps you roll it tightly.


You put the rice on first, and the topping in the middle, I think leaving a bit of a gap for the seaweed to overlap... I dunno I don't make these often enough to have a good feel for it.


One big log. Cutting it can be a bit of a challenge, depending on how sharp your knife is. Making sure the seaweed is damp enough to stick to the rice really helps, and then try to glide the blade diagonally so you are slicing and not crushing, that's my tip I guess. Let's see how well it works out for me.

****

Fresh and delicious! But, having these right after the previous recipe (same meal btw) I feel like the sashimi was just a bit better. I think I could have seasoned the rice a bit more, used a bit more sugar and vinegar, since with the soy sauce it was a little bitter. Very nice and I love sushi, but let's leave it room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment