Tuesday 16 January 2024

Stardew Valley #30: Spaghetti

Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Tomato

Item Description: An old favorite.


Spaghetti time! I'm going to be real with you boo, "spaghetti" isnt very specific. Since its got tomato, you could probably interperet it as just pomodoro/tomato sauce. But to me, a classic spaghetti is a tomatoey beef bolognese. And I have the ingredients for that so i'm gonna make it.


Haven't used my veg chopper in a while! Saves a bit of time in dicing things, plus you gotta slam it dramatically.


Got a lot of pink onion (maybe too much?), garlic, and carrot.


Then we can throw in the beef and cook it dry till its brown.


Now the beauty of Spag Bol, you can just throw in whatever you feel like as long as its roughly along the lines of meat, tomato, wine, umami, sugar, italian herbs, and tomato. I have way too much stuff in my kitchen so we're taking full advantage. I've got celery salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, tomato concentrate, red wine, balsamic vinegar, jalapeno sauce, basil and oregano.


Its looking brown and sauced up, now we can add the tinned tomatoes and leave it to simmer for a while.


I could have also bought some fresh tomatoes to really lean in to the tomato aspect, but i didn't.


Don't forget the spaghetti! You can't spell spaghetti without... get it


When the spaghetti is done the rest should be... good enough for a weeknight yknow.

*****

I dunno if im just hungry but this is one of my better bologneses! i mean its still a pretty standard, "classic" spagbol but ive had ones that came out slightly blander or less well balanced in previous challenges. Perhaps the lesson is 2 large onions is the right amount?

No comments:

Post a Comment