Monday 26 February 2024

Stardew Valley #42: Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients: Pumpkin, Milk

Item Description: A seasonal favorite.


WOOSH its February now. Pumpkins are out of season, but you know whats always in, and literally the same thing as a pumpkin? A squash. All pumpkins are squashes, and we just arbitrarily define some squashes as pumpkins based on vibes. Also I have leftover cream so im using that as "milk".


First, i remember/decide im going to do this recipe an hour before i finish work so I can shove it for a 1h cook in the oven while im on a tea break. Gave it a quick brush with olive oil too. Yes the pans dirty i used it to cook some mini kievs.


Thats done its job! smells good and you can just scoop the softened pumpkin out with a spoon.


Now, what else to go in? I've got some garlic and spring onions, and from my herb garden ive got sage and marjoram. Sage is good and distinct, marjoram sucks and i swear it tastes like NOTHING but it survived the winter and continues to flourish so its GOING IN


Roughly chopped all those herbs and stuff, added the pumpkin.. now, will it blend? Also my blender is kinda small so ill have to do it in multiple parts.


With a little help from H2O, looks like we've managed to blend it all. Its looking a little bit greeny-yellow from the spring onion, maybe we can tweak that slightly with...


More spices! Might as well, right? I'm picking celery salt, turmeric, coriander, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garam masala for a slightly curry-inspired flavour. 


Did I go a bit hard? I should add more water too, we're making soup here not pumpkin concentrate!


And of course, we should add the cream! And I can just let that all cook on low for a bit, bring out the flavours from the garlic and onions.


****

I feel like i've accidentally made curry sauce... Its still very thick and the delicious blend of garlic, onion and spices have come out strong. Have i made a typical pumpkin soup or was I taking it in a weird direction? Whatever it is, its super nice and begging for some bread to dip in it! A naan perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment