Sunday 27 March 2011

Sweet Chilli Prawn and Rice Salad

Mode: 2-3 Players
Hardware: Steamer
Accessories: Orange Juice

No pun in the title? You're slipping dude. Time to make a quick dinner before party. What better to leech the poison of sunday night hedonism with than something substantial, yet healthy? Leeches? Well, you do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Put some water in the steamer and a bowl of rice with more water in it. I'm using thai fragrant jasmine rice because I'M A FAIRY. Sushi or risotto rice are also good choices for this. I give the rice a 15 minute head start before adding the prawns and the hard vegetables to the steamer for another 15-20 mins


Here are the vegetables I'll be using. Carrot, green pepper, cucumber and a bit of lettuce to garnish.


When all the steamings done, throw it all together with the uncooked cucumber on top (because it's already fresh and delicate like your imaginary boyfriend corey justin jordanson) and mix it in with a sprinkle of paprika, and a heavy helping of thai sweet chilli sauce, and today I added some pad thai sauce I found at waitrose as well. Turns out it made no noticeable difference.


Then I put some lettuce on the base of the bowl, put the rice and vegetables in there and scatter the prawns on top.


Post-Mortem: **** I really like this dish, but thats because it's designed specifically to my tastes. It's sweet, spicy, wet and crunchy and it goes well with sunshine and women in flowery dresses eating yogurt from their purse. Flanders probably doesn't like it, because it tastes like pure healthy. Also as a bonus, it doubles up as a great dose of aromatherapy. Perfect if you're getting some of that early spring hay fever. Which I'm not, HA HA to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment