Friday 18 August 2023

Stardew Valley #8: Complete Breakfast

Ingredients: Fried Egg, Milk, Hashbrowns, Pancakes

Item Description: You'll feel ready to take on the world!


We've got homemade hashbrowns that I prepared yesterday (more on that in a future recipe!), Ingredients to make pancakes, and then more eggs and milk.


We'll just breeze through the pancake making process for now, and cover it more thoroughly in a future pancakes recipe! Planning ahead again I see, yep yep.


Using butter for the pan today, we're all about the dairy.


Wow!!! some pancakes(american style) appeared! This is my first time making american pancakes btw. Now we top up the butter and make the fried eggs.


Fudged the eggs and broke a yolk. It keeps happening. It'll be fine.


I haven't really seasoned anything yet, lets add some salt and pepper to the eggs at least.


Next we reheat some of the hashbrowns.


The ingredients lists milk again as well as the pancakes, so I can assume this needs to be served with a nice glass of milk! Now that's a complete breakfast!


Well and the final touches of course, a bit of butter and some syrup on those p-cakes! I forgot I didn't have maple syrup atm so some cooking syrup will have to do. 



****

Honestly, sometimes things just aren't quite the sum of their parts. The sweet pancakes together with the savoury eggs and hashbrowns were not bad together, but it kind of put me off adding anything like ketchup to the mix. The hashbrowns aren't quite as good as they are fresh, even though I re-fried them, and my first time making thick pancakes I was reasonably pleased with, but they were a bit drier than ones ive had in a restaurant. Maybe I overcooked them, or maybe I needed more milk in the batter...? Also my egg presentation was... yeah. Still, despite all those gripes its pretty good. Sweet, stodgy, buttery breakfast.
I'm ready to take on the world!! ...shame it's 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment