Monday 9 May 2011

Salmon Balsamic Salad

Mode: 2-player
Hardware: Steamer
Accessories: Fruity Cookies

I decided I really want to get in on the whole healthy, summery salad-y type thing, since the weather is nice and that makes me feel like eating planty things instead of pies and cake.


I peeled and started steaming the potatoes for about 20 minutes, because potatoes take aaaages, and I made a sortof teriyaki type marinade for the salmon, with soy sauce, powedered ginger and a dab of honey and then put that in above the potatoes for a further 20 minutes.


I cut up red onion, lettuce and cucumber for the salad, because I'm ghetto and 3 vegetables is the limit before I've got more in the fridge than I may ever hope to use before it turns into a brown sludge at the bottom of the fridge. Mmm. Appetising.

I made a balsamic dressing, which was 3 parts extra virgin olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar, with a pinch of garlic powder and a drizzle of soy sauce. When the fish and potatoes were done, ASSEMBLE.


Post-Mortem: ** The pub across the road used to do a really good chicken salad which includes a very sweet balsamic dressing and a fair amount of red onion. This was not that salad. These onions are a bit too strong to eat raw, and the vinagrette is really bitter. I don't really know what I am doing, basically. But overall it was pretty alright. I just don't like bitter. Also in a bizarre twist, flanders actually claimed to quite like it. This is the guy who walks AROUND the vegetable aisle in order to get to the bread aisle at sainsbury's. Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment