Tuesday 16 April 2024

Stardew Valley #51: Triple Shot Espresso

Ingredients: Coffee x 3

Item Description: It's more potent than regular coffee!


It's been a few weeks, because I insist on doing these in order. I was just going to make a strong filter coffee, but my family were due to visit me and I know for a fact they have surplus of these classic italian stovetop espresso makers, aka the Moka Pot! So I offered to look after one. They also brought me a brick of fine ground espresso coffee, but they all drink decaf so its decaf. Sorry. I don't really notice the difference anyway.


First things first, its probably been gathering dust for a while so lets make sure its clean... looks like it actually is very clean already. Thanks mum!


Next, I looked up how to use it... they recommend actually starting with hot water, which seems efficient as a heavy electric-kettle user. We fill it up to just below the valve.


Then we pop on the filter section and fill it up with coffee. It's hot so im also going to use oven gloves to screw the top half on tight. And to the stove!


Oh, don't mind me, im just casually making some delicious thai red curry on the side while I do this recipe... oops is it clearly quite deliberately framed in the shot? how careless and modest


Once it starts "gurgling" its apparently good to go. But wait... this recipe doesn't say SINGLE shot espresso now does it?


****

Normally I like my coffee all milked up, but for this recipe im going to attempt to enjoy it all puritanical style. It's bitter. But... also very flavourful and dark-chocolate-y. I'm of the opinion that the best coffee comes from moka pots and for a first try this feels pretty consistent with that. It would have probably got 5/5 if I put milk and sugar in it. And it would probably be "more potent than regular coffee"... if i didn't use decaf.


Red curry! what are you doing here!? Stop flexing your deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment