Monday 22 April 2024

Stardew Valley #54: Pale Broth

Ingredients: White Algae

Item Description: A delicate broth with a hint of sulfur.


It's not quite an algae, but i got some lovely mixed mushrooms (mostly pink oyster!) for the white algae fungae, and for the hint of sulphur ive also got a white cabbage, and to round out the flavour i'll add half a sachet of bonito dashi (fish stock) and a single radish that grew in my garden.


Roughly choppped the veg and dumped it all in the pan with the powdered stock. Now we just add boiling water and wait!


Oh this would be a good time to add a pinch of celery salt as well. I always forget I have it. I've let it simmer for about 25 mins.


Now, unlike the green algae soup, this one says its a BROTH so, in spite of the graphic, I want to make a clear strained broth just to mix up my soup game a bit.


Don't worry though! There's no way i'd let these nice vegetables go to waste, i'll keep them and shove them in a stir fry or curry tomorrow.


***

Quite pleasant! It's definitely a delicate broth, you can really taste the mushrooms and cabbage, which doesnt sound that appealing but I actually quite like the flavour of cabbage, and i like oyster and shiitake a lot more than common mushrooms. I think it would make a really good soup base for some noodles. Even on its own though, its very hydrating and refreshing and not earthy like the algae soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment