Friday 26 April 2024

Stardew Valley #56: Artichoke Dip

 Ingredients: Artichoke, Milk

Item Description: It's cool and refreshing.


Got some leftover artichokes, just half a can so I will plan to do a relatively small batch. Which is also good because last time I had these artichokes I didn't like em. For the "milk", im being sensible and using sour cream instead, much more dip-appropriate, and cross-referencing a few recipes online with what i already have, ive come up with adding some mayo, dill, celery salt and powdered garlic as well.


I've never made this before, but hopefully chopping/tearing them into small chunks is right? The dip graphic looks chunky.


Thrown it all together, but ah! I just remembered something else from other recipes I was gonna add!


CHEEEESE gromit! Seemingly all kinds of cheeses are used for artichoke dips, but a common one is hard cheese. I got a tiny bit of grana padano left.


Don't cry because you dropped your grater in the dip. Laugh because you dropped your grater in the dip.


Stirred and decanted into a bowl, this is looking like a dip! Now for the last step I wouldnt have guessed.. we bake it in the oven! Glad I looked this up.
****

Alright first off, can't have a dip without the chip!


A personal favourite, some store brand not-chilli-heatwave-doritos. These are already delicious which might be a bit of a cheat, but i think this dip pairs really well and makes for a fun dinner that im sure my doctor wouldn't recommend. I'm not sure if artichoke is redeemed and if i fundamentally like the flavour, but it adds an adventurous je ne sais quoi that makes me glad I tried this and not just a bowl of unbaked sour cream. It does get stuck in your teeth something fierce though.

No comments:

Post a Comment