Sunday 23 July 2023

Splatoon 3: Crab-N-Go #5: Mega Mountain a la Marigold

Right its time to tackle the biggest recipe. This one's a little concerning for me as it's a massive fuck-off pile of soggy food, and I don't actually want to waste any food.


 We'll also mitigate effort because its a weekday, I've managed to find plenty of appropriate stuff for our mountain. I've got some thicc oven chips, battered chicken chunks (i think its meant to be karaage but who knows), eggs, some more breaded crab claws, potato salad, and some chunky smoked salmon thats already cooked! Perfect?


Time to ov-in all the beige foods! Proper uni meal this. Luckily everything has the same cooking time of about 20min

Meanwhile I try to soft-boil the eggs. I'm actually trash at boiling eggs but this is not too bad. Kinda medium boiled.

The salmon needs nothing! I'll probably chop 'em in half so ive got 4 pieces.
 

This is looking done, the crab claws expanded massively for some reason. They're actually supposed to be deep fried but I thought this would be ok.


Now for the sauce! I figured the most obvious idea for the sauce would be a thick gravy, but honestly...? With this much unseasoned fried seafood and such, I was thinking... what might go better with all this stuff? I think I like the idea of doing a japanese katsu curry sauce instead, so that's what I've done!


Right, it's time to start assembling! Again, because I wanted to minimise the sheer volume of slop covered food, ive created a bit of a mountain starter by shoving a lil' bowl in the middle. That will help us get more height with slightly less chips and potato salad, I reckon.


Alright second layer is done, now to pour on the curry sauce and then garnish with a lil' coriander and we're done!


 **

Et voila! Why did I make this again? I portioned out a bunch of everything in a smaller bowl for my dinner. The first few bites of chips and chicken and I was really into it. Curry sauce was a good choice! The potato salad went pretty well with it all too! Then as i got to the big chunks of smoked salmon and crab claws I thought... eh... this doesnt really go with curry or anything else here, i'd have preferred this with a tangy chilli sauce or mayo or something. I wouldn't really recommend this dish because its really designed for a party plate, except everyone I know would prefer the food dry and separate with their own choice of dips. It's not gross though, and i'll get a few high protein dinners out of it.

#1 Overall Splatter

No comments:

Post a Comment