Tuesday 25 July 2023

Splatoon 3: Crab-N-Go #6: Marigold'en Garden Greens

Last recipe already!? Where did the time go!?


This one's almost as chaotic as the previous recipe, with just a shit ton of ingredients, but fairly minimal cooking if I think about it. We've got sushi rice (ive gone ahead and cooked it earlier), tempura prawns, pre-made bao buns, tortilla wraps, lettuce, carrots, pickled red cabbage, avocado, and a few other bits for garnish including tomatoes and some fruit.


Since the bao are small and the prawns are long, I'll just cook 4 tempura prawns and cut them in half.


Now we got vegetables to prep! I need thin strips of carrot so I thought i'd try my weird 3-in-1 peeler spaghetti mode. It works!


Got all our chopped veg to one side, this is so much stuff to manage!


Seasoning the rice with a bit of mirin and salt and fluffing it up


That's right we're making sushi rolls but in a tortilla! Im using the lettuce, avocado, carrot and pickled cabbage. I bought enough to make tons of these weird tortilla sushi wraps (weird btw!!! but look at the graphic and tell me what else you see, because i see a sushi in a tortilla idk.)


But anyway cause theres was so many things to manage and to eat I only felt like making 1 in the end. I think thats gonna be enough to look good.


The bao buns come frozen and I just popped them in the steamer for about 7 mins. Looking good!


So im increasingly aware of how dry and unseasoned this all seems, so im at least going to pop in a bit of mayo to try and sauce it up. These bao buns would be fine for slipping in some minced up char siu or curry prawns, but trying to make a sandwich with crispy prawn, lettuce and cucumber slices? SURPRISINGLY HARD.


Right, now to assemble everything, and lets not forget, the little sides! I originally wanted to have some passion fruit and melon, but there wasnt any in the shops so I got some mango and peach chunks together.


****

Not bad, not bad! Very fresh and good combinations... but a stark lack of sauces and dressings. Maybe I should have prepared a dip or something..? but to be honest I didn't really know what I wanted to have this with. I guess chilli mayo might have been good to get. I only ate half of it for dinner, for something so salad-y its surprisingly heavy.

 #1 Splat Assister

No comments:

Post a Comment