Tuesday 21 June 2011

How to Stamppot LIKE A MAN

Mode: 2 manly dudes
Hardware: 2 manly pans
Accessories: 1 manly glass of pepsi max

My straight up dog bro of the Belgiums, (that's the sturdy pectorals capital of the world) has oft roared his appreciation of the meal known as STAMPPOT. Today I declared that I would do this dish some justice. I have assembled the greatest team of badass ingredients to wage war on the scourge known as hrungnir.
No wait, I mean hunger.


Potatoes, the American-born spud stud voted UK and Belgium's #1 hunkiest vegetable for 7 years running.

Spinach, the patron vegetable of burly sailors. Famous agriculturalist and scimitar-wielding badass sort Ibn al-'Awwam describes spinach as 'The captain of leafy greens.'

Shiitake Mushroom, the spirit fungus of the samurai warrior, whose Shii energy, if channeled correctly, has the power to produce a rich umami flavour.

(not pictured.) Beef. Yknow, from cows.



I carve up the potatoes in the shape of minaturised abs. Skin on, as nature intends. They go in hot water for a good 20-30 minutes.


After the potatoes have had some time, I prepare the beef and mushrooms; you can use corned beef, minced beef, proper beef. I actually used leftover burgers because I had a ton of them.


Here I flexed my triceps (not pictured) and mashed the potato and spinach together. They combine forces during the intensity of battle and do well together.


Now I heap them all on top of eachother, with a helping of ketchup and sweet chilli sauce. As you can see, It takes the form of an erupting volcano. Symbolic of our efforts.


Post-Mortem: **** Nothing says burly man-food like a big bowl of pink tinted mush. These potatoes are now bro-tatoes. Your dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment