Sunday 15 September 2024

Delicious in Dungeon #12: Boiled Mimic

Yo remember when we used to cook monsters? And not just like.. stealing vegetables and meats off other adventurers, or making bug sorbet..? anyway...


Free treasure?? Don't mind if I do...


Bamboozled! A mimic! Bad news FOR THEM.


I defeated them with a deep freeze spell.. but it turns out there was a lot more of them than I expected... in a huge block of ice. I'm going to have to defrost them, and I'm doing so hastily because... I didn't think that far ahead.


Once they are warmed up im disposing of the water it was frozen in. It might be fine but I dunno, I don't trust it.


Adding in some fresh boiling water and a decent sprinkle of salt. I can save this crab stock for future recipes. TBH when I ordered this, I thought I would get like, 2-4 clusters of crab... and theres like... 12.. lol.


Get boiled idiot!!


Once its nearly done i'm going to make a quick dip... some butter, powdered garlic and dried parsley..


In the microwave for just a few seconds, thats all we really need!


**

God, every time I have crab or lobster I manage to cut my finger somewhere in the process. The crab meat was sweet and flavorful but a bit waterlogged from boiling. The breast(?) had a decent chunk of meat but the legs and claws are so fiddly, you're just working so hard to try and get the tiniest little slivers of meat, its just not worth the hassle, even as someone who rather enjoys picking a chicken carcass clean. It took me so long to eat, it had gone cold by the end of the meal. I guess someones gotta do it, but whole crab like this is even more expensive than just buying a tin of the meat. I'm gonna leave it to the professionals.. with the right tools.... like Chilchuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment