Monday 6 February 2012

Blend your own burger

So for christmas I wanted a blender... or a juicer... or... a soup maker.. or.. I dunno... maybe all of those things? So I got this brilliant looking piece of gadgetry right here.

Thanks again mum and dad!
But having never seen anything like this in anyone's kitchen ever before, one does wonder... well, a) how the balls does this work? b) does it work well?
I decided to make some mystery burgers using beef mince and whatever else I happened to have in the kitchen, that being a load of mushrooms and some red onion.

Kinda Gigeresque.
I chopped the onion just enough to fit it in the capsule thing, and then you take that, add a bladed cap, and use it on a pressure sensetive motor powered key like one of those electric pencil sharpeners. Well, here goes nothing!

Hey, is that strawberry yog-EUUUGH

Okay so... I'm noticing there isn't really any sort of power... settings... so really your options are 'puree' or 'never mind ill just use a knife'.

Remember that bit in gremlins?
The good news is that suddenly having the ability to neatly reduce anything I want into a colourful goo is... fucking awesome.

Whoa... they're holding together.
Well, that was easy. Now I just fry 'em up and all.

You figure out how to cook a burger.
Verdict: This is pretty wicked, but the downside is I really don't like the taste of mushrooms, so these burgers were actually kinda gross. Interesting though, they're all light and airy. One thing is for sure, this should not be the end of my strange burger experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment