Saturday 19 November 2022

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #9: Koopa Dumpling

Koopa Dumpling is made with CAKE MIX and TURTLEY LEAF


Let's start with the cake mix, I decided to use a recipe for bao bread even though im probably going to bake these in the oven because idk, im just such a bastard. Anyway we are going to mix flour, milk, yeast, a tablespoon of sugar, sunflower oil, rice vinegar, a pinch of salt. I actually missed in the recipe where they use the baking powder so forget that's there. It's already got yeast anyway?

OH lawd this shits intense, the crappy food dye (sorry dr oetker but ur shit is weak) wont mix easily and the dough is so tough because I used bread flour to make bread what a dingus.


Well we have SOMETHING now we let this prove for a bit


thats worked!


OK now here's our TURTLEY LEAF: all the leaves! I'm mixing some ricotta with spinach, parsley, dill, and a bit of mint from my garden.


Like this! Oh and theres some salt and pepper in there too.

Ugh UGH stuffing these things is a fucking nightmare. Now I know why they use mozzarella in dough and ricotta in like ravioli and shit. These are so ratch. And yeah I had some little bento smiley cutter so i used that on some radishes for the little faces. I know these arent that bad but this has big "you tried" energy and you should have seen how much i hated making these. In the oven they go for about 15min


I guess it sort of worked though, heres a bonus pic of the insides before we move on to the scoring.



***

The cheese and herbs were a really legit combination though I wish i put some garlic powder and/or onions in there as well. The dough was a bit heavy im not great at making bread generally because I always make up some bullshit like this. Visually these look like horrible little halloween bulbasaurs. But on some level i feel like the recipe was in the spirit of whatever a koopa dumpling is. It tasted all rustic herb-y and its green and weird. That feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment