Sunday 24 September 2023

Stardew Valley #11: Lucky Lunch

Ingredients: Sea Cucumber, Tortilla, Blue Jazz

Item Description: A special little meal.


We have corn tortillas, for the "blue jazz" I've got some chives because they have long stems and round purple flowers, unfortunately i couldnt find any flowering but theyll bring a nice oniony flavour, and we have a sea cucumber...
Whats that? it looks more like a peeled courgette? ....hmmmm 


First we gotta wash this spinach, im just using these for the presentation plate.


I'm gonna dice everything into fine cubes, starting with the cour-...sea cucumber. I actually though about incorporating some other seafood into this dish, but after last recipe, i just dont feel like it..


Next we've got some extra stuff im sneaking in, some feta-like cheese and a bit of mint. Why? Because I love myself. Lets be good to ourselves.


Here's a bunch of chives and the mint, finely chopped as well.


This looks great and smells excellent! You could probably just add some dressing and enjoy this as a salad.


So, what am I doing exactly? I'm going to make these in to a sort of salad samosa! And brush them with oil. I had lime & avocado oil, which sounded like it would go well.


Five triangles! That's enough to make a star with, you see. These dont need to bake very long, like 5-10 mins or else we'll start burning the tortillas. And the insides can be raw or cooked.


Now we arrange a leafy spinach backdrop for our lucky lunch and pop the samosas on top. there's probably a better, cleverer way I could have arranged these, but I am not great at making sturdy samosas (or wrapping burritos, or won tons... anything really) so I was just placing them delicately with a spatula to keep them together.


***

These are quite nice! The flavours taste very greek to me, I guess its not far off a spanakopita really. The courgette makes it a little wetter though, and the corn tortilla isnt as crispy as filo pastry. I guess its like, a spanakopita in a pinch... It feels like theres just a better way to do this, but for something that fits the brief I'm pleased with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment