Wednesday 21 February 2024

Stardew Valley #40: Blueberry Tart

 Ingredients: Blueberry, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Egg

Item Description: It's subtle and refreshing.


There's quite a few fruit pies in the stardew menu, so I hope to vary the recipes a fair bit to make them seem a bit different. This one will already be very different from the rhubarb pie on account of it being an open-face tart full of berries. I also thought, since blueberries are not so tart or sweet on their own, it might be fun to do this one with a frangipane (almond) layer below. Plus I managed to find a pre-made pastry case, so I might as well make SOMETHING myself!


Ah, as always, I forgot to leave the butter out... so we use some microwave magic to make it mixable.


Mixing it up with the sugar first... I dunno I looked at a recipe and it said to do this.


Then we add all the ground almonds, 2 eggs, and a squeeze of lemon juice to complement the blueberries. Blueberry and lemon is a classic combo.


This looks good! Its basically just a cake batter with nuts instead of flour.


Cool! Love it! Um... hang on... the pie crust is full now... where am I going to fit all the blueberries?


Has science gone too far? I'll put it in the oven for 45mins and find out.


*****

Man overboard! Hull has been breached! We may have overdid it a bit here with the frangipane, but unfortunately I have no regrets and will never learn anything, because this monstrous tart is delicious!


Looks pretty fine once its all in slices too.

No comments:

Post a Comment