Sunday 16 October 2011

I Dream of Tagine

Mode: 2-3 Player
Hardware: Pans
Accessories: Orange Juice

I'm trying to write this up while watching The Goonies for the first time, and I'm not sure if I can do this because it turns out The Goonies is completely INSANE. Have you seen this film? It's like watching an improv class with like 5 kids who are all considered 'the mental kid' in their group of friends. Anyway, food, yes.


To finish up that other half of the instant Moroccan couscous, I decided to make a lamb tagine. Now, tagine is actually the name of the cooking pot I think, so it's not really a tagine because I don't have one.. of those... but... who cares? Here are the spices I put in it.


So I picked up some lamb for this right, man, lamb is EXPENSIVE these days! Like way more expensive than beef, what's even up with that?


I fried some onion, lamb and pine nuts together in the spices. MMMM And then I added tomato puree and frozen peas.


The couscous is pretty instant, so I just put that in hot water for like 5 mins while the frying was finishing.


Post-Mortem: ***** REALLY good actually.  Spicy and aromatic and stuff. Worth the overpriced shell out for some lamb chunks? mmmaybe. Also the goonies is still insane it's like a film made out of outtakes its blowing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment