Friday 3 November 2023

Stardew Valley #20: Fish Taco

Ingredients: Tuna, Tortilla, Red Cabbage, Mayonnaise

Item Description: It smells delicious.


Actually took me ages to find some taco shells, and when I found some in waitrose they had ALL THE OPTIONS including soft taco shells, hell yeah. It's also a good idea because fun fact i had a tooth extracted a week and a bit ago and its still healing. Another reason it took me a while. We've also got tuna, red cabbage, mayonnaise, as well as coriander and some various sauces I thought would pair well. Kinda winging this one.


So I'm a bit fussy when it comes to tuna, I was never a fan of it growing up and the idea of tinned tuna and mayo makes my stomach churn a bit, so I thought i'd treat myself to some tuna steak for this! I'll cook 3 chunks from frozen on the hob (in a slightly dirty pan i used to cook gyoza for lunch) while we prep everything else.


I thought I would try the julienne mode on my peeler to "grate" the red cabbage. I don't know what im doing and its making a huge mess, but its working..? and its actually kinda easy on my shoulder compared to grating or chopping. My hands are turning purple though.


Hadn't really planned ahead, but I suddenly thought... wouldn't I like to use the mayo with the cabbage to make kind of a slaw? makes it a little easier to assemble, plus a bit of vinegar and lemon juice will break down the cabbage and make it easier on my increasingly sensitive intestines. So i've got mayo, other mayo (i forgot i had a cheaper one lol), jalapeno sauce, cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Also don't worry, ill clean all this up later i PROMISE.


This tuna is looking mighty appetising like this I gotta say! 


Now I'm gonna heat the tortillas a bit, in my slightly-too-moist pan... itll... be fine.. probably...


Now we can fill it! Coriander, slaw...


...some big slabs of tuna and chimichurri sauce! Now uh, um... how do I uh... how am I gonna photograph this...?

*****

This is fantastic. I think I like tuna now? Well I already know I love slaw, coriander and chimichurri, and the tuna is a perfect match. I'm actually not sure ive ever had fish tacos before, I usually have the standard beef mince/tomato/cheese type. These are so different, and sooo worth doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment