Thursday 26 October 2023

Stardew Valley #19: Salmon Dinner

Ingredients: Salmon, Amaranth, Kale

Item Description: The lemon spritz makes it special.


We have some salmon, dried amaranth grain (nice one waitrose), and fresh kale from my very own herb planters!


I wanna keep this pretty simple. Just gonna fry these up with some olive oil, one for now and one for later.

I've never made amaranth before, but it seems like it's prettymuch the same deal as couscous. Put in some hot water, boil, simmer, and wait for it to absorb the water. Here it is cooked btw.


Now the description mentions a "lemon spritz" I don't know what that is, but ive got a spray bottle and a lemon, I'll squeeze the juice out and spray it on the dinner. This is something, right?


Juiced up and ready to go


Next I want to fry up the kale just a little bit, throw it around in the remains of the oil and fish flakes.


I hadn't really come up with much beyond "lemon juice" for seasoning, so ill add a bit of salt and pepper to everything as I plate up.

***

Tastes healthy. I wish I'd gone harder on the lemon spritz, and maybe added some herbs or stock to the amaranth as it has no flavour of its own. The salmon, especially the crispy bits of skin did most of the work in terms of flavour. Nice, but MORE seasoning next time!! more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment