Tuesday 24 October 2023

Stardew Valley #18: Pancakes

Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Egg

Item Description: A double stack of fluffy, soft pancakes.


So I made up this pancake batter for recipe #8 Complete Breakfast, and used the rest of this batter for this recipe the next day. So here it is! For american style "fluffy" pancakes you have to include a raising agent, unlike crepes, so we've got self raising flour AND a bit of baking powder to boost it further. And a tablespoon of sugar to give it a little starting sweetness.


Then we add the wets, which is egg, melted butter and about as much milk as there is flour!


Now here's where we initially used the batter for complete breakfast, and as you may recall I felt the pancakes were a little bit dry in that... so when i got the rest of the batter out this morning, I figured id add a little bit of extra milk and see if that helps!


These pancakes are already spreading a little wider than the old ones, but they're cooking well.


Double stack, I assume that means 2, and let's not forget some syrup and butter. Yes I still didn't get maple, it's actually only been a day.


*****

Success! These have indeed come out less dry than the ones I made for complete breakfast, so I guess i'll have to give 'em full marks. They're not my tidiest pancakes but they're my tastiest. And maybe better alone than with hashbrowns and eggs. Although, with some fruit...?

No comments:

Post a Comment