Tuesday 17 October 2023

Stardew Valley #16: Carp Surprise

Ingredients: Carp

Item Description: It's bland and oily.


So, for this I learned that they don't really sell carp in the UK, its considered a pretty undesirable fishmeat. We also have zero clue about cooking method or anything, all we've got to go off of is "it's bland and oily" and "surprise!". I guess ill go for a fatty type of fish... And I saw this smoked herring (aka kippers) for sale! Unseasoned and extra buttery. I also got some sugar snap peas for garnish.


Since cooking method is dealer's choice, this is designed to be microwaved, perfect!


***

I think I know why kippers aren't so popular these days, its in that awkward place where they're too small to bother pulling out the bones, but big enough that the bones tickle your throat as they go down...That aside though, it was actually pretty decent and I managed to finish off all 4 fillets, big protein wins for ya girl.
It definitely ticks off the box for being oily, but was it bland? actually... no... the smokey rich fish was quite flavourful, and I was very pleased with my side as it paired well with the sweetness of the peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment