Friday 20 October 2023

Stardew Valley #17: Hashbrowns

Ingredients: Potato, Oil

Item Description: Crispy and golden-brown!


Potatoes and Oil acquired, im also peeping at some recipes to really make the most out of this and do hashbrowns properly. There's a lot of different techniques, but I like the sound of mixing these with a bit of flour, egg and onion.


This is the perfect task for my peeler that has a julienne mode! These might be thicker and longer than using a grater, but maybe thats nice, I want a sort of rustic look to match the sprite. Also after grating 1 big potato, it seemed like plenty.


I only have a red onion because I made this decision last-minute, but hopefully it wont make much difference to the appearance. I'm just using half an onion, chopped finely with the layers separated.


Now i mix the dry bits in a colander and leaving it to dry for a couple hours while i play jackbox party pack 8 over discord.


Now in an even bigger bowl without holes in, i'll break an egg and mix it up a bit, then add in all the potatonion


Adding a pinch of salt and about 2tbsps of flour, some recipes dont have any flour and we arent making potato cookies, but we do want to somehow attempt to vaguely bind them into patties... i guess...?


Now i'm just gonna... ill just uh.... ok "shaping" these seems pretty impossible, but ive just sort of squeezed a handful and thrown them into a pan with a decent amount of oil in


Yeah!!! 


*****

These are so crispy and oily I almost want to have them with vinegar, but I had them with mayo and sriracha and that was good too. Happy with the outcome, though I guess they'd be even better as a side, like with some baked beans or even put inside a burger! Or say... a complete breakfast... Still I cant help but want to give them full marks as they're a brilliant side dish that i'd make the exact same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment