Wednesday 31 January 2024

Stardew Valley #36: Red Plate

Ingredients: Red Cabbage, Radish

Item Description: Full of antioxidants.


Got (hopefully enough) leftover shredded red cabbage in my freezer, plenty of radishes, and a few other things! I thought some pomegranate seeds would add a burst of sweetness with each bite and they're also very red and antioxidant rich.


To differentiate this from all the coleslaws I thought it'd be nice to do something hot and make a sautee'd cabbage dish. I'm also cooking it with butter, I really like how that goes with cruciferous vegetables.


We'll dump in the cabbage and leave that to cook from frozen for a bit, while thats cooking I chop some radishes, eh just as many as I feel like..


Now to add some seasoning! I just picked some herbs based entirely on vibes, so we're adding parsley, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and a splash of cider vinegar to add some crisp fruity and sour flavour!


In they all go, fry fry fry


At the very tippy end we can dump in pomegranate, maybe it can get a bit seared but we don't really wanna cook it i guess.


****

Really nice! A very sweet and sour salad, but light enough that the herbs really make a difference. Heavily red-themed but still a pleasantly balanced flavour. Would be a great side dish for a roast dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment