Tuesday 12 March 2024

Stardew Valley #47: Survival Burger

Ingredients: Bread, Cave Carrot, Eggplant

Item Description: A convenient snack for the explorer.


It's a burger! Simple enough. You could potentially do a veggie burger for this, but im still in my "vitamin b12 deficiency is no joke" arc so I want to do a beef and vegetable patty. We got lean beef mince, we got the eggplant, we got the carrot, we got some sesame burger buns for the bread.


First of all, lets grate this eggplant.


OK this isnt going well, you dont wanna know how long I tried to grate this thing only to get this far... Lets try something else.


Honestly even the blender is a bit of a pain (that slippery skin and spongy inner really is something huh?) But we got there in the end.


Alright we got our veg mince! Beef mince, an egg and a bit of fine breadcrumbs, this should make it nice and easy to form into a patty. I decided not to add onion, as its already like 30% vegetable and I thought itd be cool to let it have its own subtle flavour.


That said, lets add some survival spices! I think some chilli powder, salt, pepper and paprika should do it. I don't know why I have mild chilli powder but nows a good time to use a bunch of it.


Mashed it up with a fork, stand by while I get my hands really greasy and cold.


These are looking quite alright! I mean ok they sort of look like zombie diseased patties but we know they arent so shut up. I was going to fry these but you know what, I've got a grill, ive got time. 


Did you think I forgot about the cave carrot? Nuh-uh! I thought itd be fun to use the carrot as part of the burger garnish actually.


like this! 


The carrots very raw and wet, so i wanna crisp it with the patties (which are mostly cooked now). Is this something? Is this cooking?


Alright these look done, toasting the bun as well.


I want to pick some sauce. For some reason I was feeling bbq and mayo... theres something about smoky bbq sauce that reminds me of caves. You get what I mean right? 
Also sorry advance warning I kinda burned the back of the bun, agh. Pretend I didnt. ;)


***

It's an adequate burger. Good, even. I like the crunchy bite the carrot brings. It tasted kinda healthy and cheap, like a low fat burger with extra vegetables. The eggplant doesnt really bring in much contrast, so I kinda think I should have added onion or some garlic. And a fattier mince. And pickles! And maybe not overcooked it a bit. 
Is it a convenient snack for an explorer? Uhh I guess, i mean not as convenient as a sandwich tbh. Or a pasty. Or packet of crisps... loaf cake... bento... tesco fried chicken wrap meal deal... sorry what? Oh! Time to publish!

No comments:

Post a Comment