Ingredients: Any Carrot, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
Description: "This simple stew sat simmering for a long time to bring out the sweetness of the carrots."
Ok, well, this is awkward, but I went ahead and did the pumpkin stew first. So you can look forward to me fumbling that one and making the bechamel sauce in the next recipe. For this we have the carrots and half an onion, and the butter, milk and flour already combined into a homemade bechamel (white) sauce. And some stock and seasonings.
Oops all my other pots are in the wash so ill get this needlessly massive one. Pumpkin pan for the carrot stew and not the pumpkin one... how ironic...
Anyway, frying up the onion and big chunks of carrot.
The pumpkin one was a bit blands so this time im going to go ham on seasonings. I'm adding celery salt, white pepper and paprika.
And then the stock and sage can go in with the water. I'll let it simmer for half an hour.
And when its nearly there, dump all that leftover bechamel in there!
Wow! I nailed this one. The stew is so thick and creamy, the spices really pop and I really do think I brought out the sweetness of the carrots! This is so good!







No comments:
Post a Comment