Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Breath of the Wild #60: Gourmet Poultry Curry

Ingredients: Raw Whole Bird, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice

Description: "Once served in Hyrule Castle, the poultry used in this dish is immensely high quality."


Back to indian style, this time I've got a butter chicken paste and some turkey. The recipe on the back of the paste sachet says I should get cream and ground cashews, check. And onions, oops I forgot to get those. Maybe some garlic and ginger will make up for that? Oh also don't mind that horrifying lump in a black tub on the right, thats a frozen slow-cooked turkey thigh.


For the rice I'm steaming it with turmeric, garam masala, cardamom pods and some shredded mint and coriander.


Bit of garlic and ginger to in ghee to start us off.. does this butter curry paste even have butter in it...?


Browning the chopped up turkey breast fillets.


Then I add the paste and let that sizzle for a couple mins..


Now a bit of water and that frozen turkey thigh can go in to thaw. I probably should have defrosted it beforehand, but we can just simmer this until its definitely warm. After all, its already cooked.


I'll just use my blender on the cashews. Yep thats ground!


In go the cashews and cream. The turkey leg will have added plenty of fat as well. It's got to be "immensely high quality"!


As that cooks for a bit longer we can plate up the rice which is gently aromatic.


*****

All round nailed it! The curry is mild and creamy, but the cashew powder adds a nice depth of flavour. This feels like what that first korma should have been. Maybe some vegetables and paneer would make this even better, but that's not in the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment