Friday, 18 September 2026

Breath of the Wild #64: Meat Stew

Ingredients: Raw Meat, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat

Description: "This hearty meat in this mainstay dish leaves bellies satisfied all throughout Hyrule."


The simplest meat stew. I thought for a simple meat, we could do minced beef. That seems like it'd stew well. Got some carrots and onions to go with, and we'll be making that bechamel sauce just like in the veg. stews as the ingredients demand it!


Since the mince is... mince-y I thought we could cut the onions a bit smaller and fry them up for a nice flavour base.


Once they are brown I put in the mince, with some salt, pepper and paprika.


And once thats all brown too, the chopped carrots, and i'll make a bit of an instant stock with a beef stock cube and a couple open things in my fridge. I got umami paste and chopped chillies.


Time to make... a normal amount of the white sauce.


Yeah perfect. I don't really care to whisk all the lumps out. The stews already hot and lumpy!


In it all goes, it smells like a real meat stew


****

The flavours are simple and easy to like. It seems like a really good meal if you're feeling a bit delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment