Monday, 14 September 2026

Breath of the Wild #63: Pumpkin Stew

Ingredients: Fortified Pumpkin or Sun Pumpkin, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat

Description: "Simply simmer a pumpkin to make this dish. A favorite in Kakariko Village."


It says simply simmer a pumpkin, so we'll keep it quite simple! I've got some leftover part-cooked squash (basically pumpkin) from the freezer, half a big onion, chicken stock, and ingredients for a bechamel sauce.


Browning the onion at first.


Then in goes all that nice pumpkin, a block of stock, and why not a big bay leaf? We're feeling fancy.


Thats had some nice stewing time, lets make up the sauce.


Hmm, how do we make this again...? Flour and butter into a paste first right?? is this too much flour?


And then slowly mix in the milk... yeah i think ive made too much.


This is probably a job for the whisk. Hey it looks less lumpy in the photo!


I made loads so I'll use half of it in the stew and half for another stew.


I haven't considered the seasoning on top... hmm.. how about dried oregano? Why not.


***

Its thick and warming, shame im currently in a heatwave... I dunno if its cause it was frozen but without blending, the pumpkin has a not ideal fibrous lumpy texture. Putting in in the blender would be much nicer. Its basic, but im still content with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment